[eclipselink-users] Poor exception handling on Invalid Mapping

EclipseLink does a poor job handling invalid mappings. I had a bad
@Column annotation and wasted a bunch of time debugging it because
this was the only error EclipseLink would give:

Exception creating EntityManagerFactory using PersistenceProvider class

Um, OK! I finally recalled getting this same error a few months ago
and regenerated my Entities to fix it, but I estimate I've wasted
about 12 hours lifetime on this one "bug".

Am i missing someway to turn on better logging? I'm already at Finest,
if not I'll file a bug.

./tch

Back to the top