[eclipselink-users] Paging large record set with EclipseLink Query using Sybase runs out of memory

Has anyone found a way to page a large record set in EclipseLink without
running out of memory using Sybase?

I have a zip code entity, Zip, which basically maps to a zip table storing
zip codes, city, state and country information with 100,000s of rows.

When I query using:

                String query = "select z from Zip z";
                Query q = entityManager.createQuery(query);
		q.setFirstResult(firstResult)
		.setMaxResults(100)
		.getResultList();

Everything is fine up to firstResult = 15000, but I get
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
errors for firstResult greater than that.

I'm using Sybase as the underlying database, and I see in
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/Pagination
wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/Pagination  a workaround for
Oracle. Does anyone have a fix for Sybase?