Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 5:58 AM
Subject: [eclipselink-users] Getting a database connection withEntityManagerImpl

Hi,

I'm using DbUnit with EclipseLink for unit testing. I sent an email to the DbUnit mailing list wondering if there was a easier way to get a database connection using the information included in a persistence.xml file. Julien Tabouret replied with a hint on the method EntityManager.getDelegate(). His example (see below) uses Hibernate.

With EclipseLink the EntityManager.getDelegate() method returns an org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl object. I can't find any documentation about this class (http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/1.0.1/index.html).

Do you know how I can get a database connection (to give to dbunit) with the EntityManagerImpl object ?

Thanks,
Antonio