Re: [eclipselink-users] [ClassName] cannot be merged because it has changed or been deleted since it was last read

Two mistakes in a row :(

If I understand it correctly, merge() works for both persistent and
transient (non-persistent) entities. The reason this was failing for me is
that the database already contained an entity with the ID I was trying to
save bu the database entity had a "version" of 1 while the entity I was
trying to save had a "version" of 0. To fix the problem my transient entity
needs a "version" of 2 or higher to indicate it has changed and is newer
than the database version.

Sorry for the confusion.

Gili