[eclipselink-users] the DirectToXMLTypeMapping abilities

Hi
I am interested in Eclipselink ability to insert a sub-element to a
xml-document which is stored as a record in Oracle XMLDB table.
I mean I have an ejb3 bean whose attribute is mapped to a xmltype's field in
Oracle XMLDB table by the DirectToXMLTypeMapping.
As you know this attribute can be of type org.w3c.Document.
My java-code changes the particular part of content of this attribute, for
example, adds a sub-element.
Can Eclipselink use the xmltype.insertChildXML() function instead of
updating a whole field to persist an instance of my bean?
Or can Eclipselink use the xmltype.updateXML() to update an existing nodes?

Regards,
Dmitry