Re: [eclipselink-users] Need a matching file in eclipselink for ObjectTypeMapping in Toplink.

Hi Balakrishna,
    In thoery that information should be here,

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/Migration/OracleTopLinkNative

or in the release notes,

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Release/1.0

But it seems to be incomplete or missing, please log an EclipseLink doc bug
in Bugzilla for this.

Other than the package rename, I think the only main change was the removal
of the code deprecated in 10.1.3.  You can get the list of deprecated API
and their replacements from the 10.1.3 release notes,

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/toplink/doc/1013/api/api_mod_readme.htm

Balakrishna wrote:

> HI James,
>
>      I got it.. Thanks. I would like to get consolidated list of Toplink
> APIs which got modified in Eclipselink for reference.. I could not find in
> eclipselink.org or any of its reference links..
>
> If you have could you plz send me that..
>
> Thanks,
> Balakrishna
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM, James Sutherland
> <jamesssss@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> ObjectTypeMapping  was deprecated and replaced by ObjectTypeConverter in
>> TopLink 10.1.3.  You basically use a DirectToFieldMapping with the
>> converter.
>>
>> The EclipseLink wiki, including docs are at,
>>
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink
>>

>> Balakrishna wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> >          We are migrating toplink to eclipselink.. While migrating we
>> use
>> > package renamer to find most of the matching classes in eclipselink.
>> We
>> > are able to find almost all but we could not be able to find for
>> > ObjectTypeMapping Class in eclipselink corresponding to
>> > oracle.toplink.mappings.ObjectTypeMapping  package.
>> >
>> > Could you please give me the matching file..
>> >
>> > If possible , could you give me the correct link to see list of
>> > deprecated/modified classes in Eclipselink that are in toplink.  The
>> link
>> > given in eclipse.org is not working for the
>> >  same.
>> >

>> > Thanks in Advance,
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Balakrishna.