Re: [eclipselink-users] Using a HexString as Id

so there is no uid-generator included with eclipselink. shouldn't be too hard to write one on my own.

thanks for the help.

kind regards

2008/9/2 James Sutherland <jamesssss@xxxxxxxxx>

You can add your own custom sequence generator in EclipseLink through
creating your own Sequence (org.eclipse.persistence.sequencing) subclass and
adding it to your Session's DatabaseLogin using a SessionCustomizer.

You could also assign your id using a prePersist event, or directly from
your application.

Alexander Malic-2 wrote:

> hello
>
> With Hibernate I was able to use a 32 character Hex-String as Id for my
> Entities. (
> http://www.roseindia.net/hibernate/hibernateidgeneratorelement.shtml ),
>
> How can this be done with Eclipse-Link?
>
> regards and thanks in advance,