From: "Gustav Trede" <gustav.trede_wsdevel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "EclipseLink User Discussions" <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 8:46:12 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] DatasourceLogin

There might be several ways to override settings.
I do it with a sessionCustomizer.

in persistence.xml :
      <property name="eclipselink.session.customizer"
value="aurora.MySessionCustomizer"/>

then an ordinary java class:

public class MySessionCustomizer implements SessionCustomizer{
    public static volatile String jdbcpwd;
    public static volatile String dbfilename;
    public static volatile Integer dbinternalcacheKbyte = 32768;

    @Override
    public void customize(Session session) throws Exception {
        session.getLogin().setPassword(jdbcpwd);
        session.getLogin().setShouldTrimStrings(false);
        session.getLogin().setQueryRetryAttemptCount(0);
session.getLogin().setConnectionString("jdbc:h2:~/"+dbfilename+";CIPHER=AES;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;CACHE_SIZE="+dbinternalcacheKbyte+";MODE=HSQLDB");

    }

}