Re: [eclipselink-users] Sequence generator - as a service

Let me try and clarify.

Basically I want to have an entity, say

  @Entity
  public class Master implements Serializable {
      @Id
      private long id;

      public void setId(long id) {
          this.id = id;
      }
  }

For which the primary key will be created separately - in the most
efficient way (like EclipseLink which caches a number of unique numbers
from a sequence) - in order to set it later. The creation of the key value
and the actual storage of the Master are not within the same persistency
context.

-J.