Re: [eclipselink-users] Sequence generator - as a service

Yes you can :)

Here's a quick snippet that executes a query (sql is your sql string)
and returns a list of SomeRandomPojo (that is not an entity).

	Query q = getEntityManager().createNativeQuery(sql);

		q.setParameter(1, whatever);

		List<Vector> results = (List<Vector>)q.getResultList();

		if(results !=null && !results.isEmpty())
		{
			finalResults = new ArrayList<SomeRandomPojo>();
			for (Vector res : results) {
				finalResults.add(new
SomeRandomPojo((String)res.get(0),(String)res.get(1),(String)res.get(2)));
			}

			return finalResults;
		}

./tch