[eclipselink-users] Insertable=false only being respected if updated=false also present

I need a sanity check. I've run into a problem recently on two
different entities where in my @Column annotation insertable=false is
ignored and the column included in an insert statement unless
updateable=false is also included in the annotation.

This is the first time I've tried insertable=false by itself. Am I
missing something here? I create my entity, call persist on it, then
commit. This seems a bit too major of a bug to still be around, so I'm
thinking I must have a misconception somewhere.

Perhaps I have some misconception about these attributes, could  but
they seemed pretty straight forward to me. Any ideas before I file a
bug report? (I'm on 1.0 osgi branch)

Thanks,
Tim

Back to the top