[eclipselink-users] Problem with mapping mixed maps

Hi,

i could not find a solution for the following problem by searching google,
reading docs and this forum/mailing-list. I want a many-to-many mapping
between two entities with an additional column. I know how to do it by
adding an additional association class, but is there a possibility to
accomplish this task by using a map like

@Entity
public class Class1 {
    @Id
    protected int id;
    protected String name1;

public class Class2 {
    @Id
    protected int id;
    protected String name2;
    @???
    protected Map<Class1, Integer> class1;

By mixed maps i mean maps having entities as keys and "primitives" as
values.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
Winfried