[eclipselink-users] Problem with ManyToMany mapping

Hi,
I have a @ManyToMany mapping from a entity to itself. Since there is
no property for the relation, I just used a @JoinTable along with
@ManyToMany. The problem is updateing. Suppose I have A <=> B. Inside
a transaction, I remove A-B relation, from both owning sides, and
again set a reference to B in A ref list and vice versa. Normally
EclipseLink should do nothing, since the A-B relation is again created
(inside tx), but I'm getting unique constraint violation, since
EclipseLink tries to insert another relation between A and B, in
addition to the one already exists.

Is this a problem with JPA 1.0 spec, or my updating scenario is wrong?
What is the best way to update ManyToMay without having an independent
intermediate entity?

Thanks,
Mohsen.

Back to the top