Re: [eclipselink-users] How to get MOXy to trim the text values?

Hi Polly,

Currently EclipseLink MOXy considers everything inside an element to be significant, and therefore doesn't trim the value. You can work around this in a couple of ways.

One would be to implement a Converter (see org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.converters.Converter interface) and add this to your mapping with a session customization. This would allow you to manually trim the value before it's set in your object. You could also do this with a custom attribute accessor. (see org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.AttributeAccessor).

I agree there should be an easier way to do this. We should be able to just add a flag on XMLDirectMapping to indicate that string values should be trimmed.

Could you enter an enhancement request to this effect?

Thanks,

-Matt

amphoras wrote:

Hi,

I mapped a field in my Java class to an XPath like "ns1:CountryCode/text()".

I find that when the XML looks like this:
                           <CountryCode listID='' listAgencyID=''
listAgencyName='' listName='' listVersionID='' name='' languageID=''
listURI='http://www.foo.com' listSchemeURI='http://www.foo.com'>
                           USA
                           </CountryCode>

The value that gets unmarshalled is "                            USA".  All
those spaces that were used for formatting are preserved.  Is there a way to
configure EclipseLink to trim the spaces on either end of the string and
just give me "USA"?

Thanks!
--Polly

Back to the top