Re: [eclipselink-users] J2SE Caching Strategy?

Shaun,  we are in a client server situation:

~50 RCP apps hitting the same database independently ,so  they would
all technically be "third parties" changing the database behind the
scene, since each client is it's own seperate machine and doesn't
share an L2 cache. So really we need to hit the database 99% of the
time, the 1% of the time we want to hit the cache would be things like
a  list of states pulled from the database to populate a drop down
list. There's no need to hit that every time, but all the other data
is quite volatile.

I think I confused you by talking about multiple EM's, really it
doesn't matter, since the root of the problem is every client is
independent and doesn't share a cache, which would be a common problem
in most J2SE desktop apps.

Hopefull that clears it up :)

Thanks,
Tim