Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink Example: Editor Based CRUD with JFace Databinding (Derby DB)

Hi Tim,

thanks a lot for providing your CRUD example. A hint for other users: You
might use a Eclipse 3.4 target environment, Eclipse 3.3 fails because
org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans.PojoObservables seems to be available in
3.4+.

I succeeded in starting up the application, but it fails to connect to the
database. In the console I get the stack trace below. The Derby JDBC driver
is not registered in the DriverManager. Any hints to solve this?

Thanks,
Stefan

[EPS Config]: The target entity (reference) class for the one to many mapping
element [private java.util.List
com.weecode.plugin.comics.model.eo.Title.issues] is being defaulted to: class
com.weecode.plugin.comics.model.eo.Issue.
[EPS Info]: TopLink, version: Eclipse Persistence Services - @VERSION@ (Build
@BUILD_NUMBER@)
[EPS Config]: Connection(16987216)--connecting(DatabaseLogin(
	platform=>DerbyPlatform
	user name=> "app"
	datasource URL=> "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true"
))
[EPS Warning]: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true
[EPS Severe]: Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - @VERSION@ (Build
@BUILD_NUMBER@)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true
Error Code: 0
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:304)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:299)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.DefaultConnector.connect(DefaultConnector.java:98)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.DatasourceLogin.connectToDatasource(DatasourceLogin.java:161)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatasourceAccessor.connectInternal(DatasourceAccessor.java:270)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.connectInternal(DatabaseAccessor.java:260)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatasourceAccessor.connect(DatasourceAccessor.java:362)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.server.ConnectionPool.buildConnection(ConnectionPool.java:125)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.server.ConnectionPool.startUp(ConnectionPool.java:362)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.server.ServerSession.connect(ServerSession.java:444)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.login(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:608)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryProvider.login(EntityManagerFactoryProvider.java:225)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:231)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:69)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:118)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:112)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:100)
	at
com.weecode.plugin.comics.model.emf.ComicsEntityManagerFactory.createEntityManager(ComicsEntityManagerFactory.java:44)
	at
com.weecode.plugin.comics.model.PublishersModel.<init>(PublishersModel.java:22)
	at
com.weecode.plugin.comics.ui.views.PublishersView$2$1.run(PublishersView.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:602)
	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)
	at
org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.DefaultConnector.connect(DefaultConnector.java:85)
	... 18 more