Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink in Glassfish, roundup

Thank you for reporting the exception we will look into it and get back to you.

As for the lazy loading, is it reproducible with a simple testcase or is your application quite large?
--Gordon

wintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

ok, so I read some more documentation and gave another try to deploy
my Application in Glassfish with EclipseLink.

With M3, I still have the issue of LAZY collections beeing empty.
(They behave normal in TL Essentials, they also return content with
FetchType.EAGER set -- only if set to LAZY they return a size of 0,
btw. without having been serialized.)

 From what I understand from the TL documentation, I shouldn't have to
care for weaving in an Application Server, so probably I was wrong
assuming I had to start the GlassFish VM with a -javaagent parameter.
Is this correct?

Is there anything I could do to find out if the LAZY thing is a
Glassfish issue, an EclipseLink problem or some kind of overfitting to
TL Essentials from my side? (Only standard JPA involved, but still...)

With M4, the following Exception happens when deploying the Application:

Internal Exception: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
	at
org
.eclipse
.persistence
.exceptions
.EntityManagerSetupException
.predeployFailed(EntityManagerSetupException.java:203)
	... 45 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
	at java.util.Collections
$UnmodifiableCollection.addAll(Collections.java:1028)
	at
org
.eclipse
.persistence
.internal
.jpa
.metadata
.MetadataProcessor.initPersistenceUnitClasses(MetadataProcessor.java:
196)

What might be going on here?

rv