From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
wintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:53 AM
To: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipselink-users] JPA, Lazy Loading, Weaving

Hi there,

I am currently looking into EclipseLink as an alternative for Toplink
Essentials in GlassFish. After some persistence.xml adaptation, all
looked surprisingly well -- except for one crucial thing: Mappings
with FetchType.LAZY showed up empty.

I figured that probably weaving wasn't working -- no surprise there,
as I hadn't done anything to make it work. Now, the documentation
states that there should be a library named "eclipselink-agent.jar",
but there is no such thing in the M3 distribution. Turning off weaving
by setting "persistence.tool.weaving" to "false" in persistence.xml
didn't solve my LAZY-mapping issue either.

So, does this mean that indirection / weaving is just not ready yet?
Or maybe I'm missing something?

Btw, as this is my first post to the list: Oracle did the right thing.
Having a mature, open source JPA implementation with cluster-aware
caching ready is a very, very exciting perspective. Looks like
EclipseLink could become the JPA implementation-with-no-downside that
everybody is looking for.

rv