Re: [eclipselink-users] project packaging?

On Nov 29, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Shaun Smith wrote:

Right now the focus is on getting the contributed code built as standard jars. That's why I had filed the enhancement request--to ensure the code would be available as bundles. But I'm not sure whether this means the projects will be plugin projects. It's currently an open question whether the bundles should just package the standard jars or if the the jars should be bundles.

I respectfully disagree with these project priorities. As an Eclipse hosted project, I would expect an Eclipse (bundle) based architecture to be top priority. It's been my observation that technology such as JPA (Hibernate) and SDO (Tuscany) have inherent architectures that are orthogonal to OSGi. It is my hope that this problem of opposing architectures would be top priority, as opposed to retrofitting things later.

Bryan

Back to the top