Re: [eclipselink-dev] Building master

Hi,

On 12/18/19 6:58 AM, William Dazey wrote:
Hello!
Granted, I don't have much experience with maven, but I just want to run the jpa-jse bucket locally. `

I believe most questions were answered by Radek already, just few good-to-know maven tips:

Once you're at project root:

mvn -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by <artifactId> and nothing else

mvn -am -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by <artifactId> and for all projects given one depends on

mvn -amd -pl :<artifactId> <goals|phases> - run given goals/phases (ie dependency:tree, clean, install, etc) for a project identified by <artifactId> and for all projects depending on it

-am (--also-make) and -amd (--also-make-dependents) options are well described at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40206376/difference-between-also-make-and-also-make-dependents

thanks,
--lukas

 |mvn verify -Pmysql,test-jpa-jse|` seems
to build everything and runs every single testbucket. I can see the console running core tests and jpql test... Also, I didn't specify connection information for mysql. What connection information is it using?

Also, is it just me or does the build take like 20 minutes to run now with maven. Ive run it several times and it seems like everything is downloaded, but it still takes forever to build.

Also also, my HOME/build.properties aren't being used anymore, right? How do I run tests against other databases? DB2? SQLServer? In the past, I just set the `db.user, db.pwd, db.url, ect` properties in my build.properties file, but that doesnt seem to be looked at anymore.

Thanks,
Will Dazey