Re: [eclipselink-dev] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.persistence.corba

On 4/3/19 7:54 PM, William Dazey wrote:
Hello Lukas,

    hmm, few more things to check:
    does it happen on jdk 8?

Yes

    does it happen also for 'build' or 'clean build' or just for 'clean'?

It looks like it happens during 'clean-core'

    what exact version of jdk11 it is? Is it 11.0.2?

  It happens with java8 as well, so this feels unimportant

    what is the content of
    ~/.m2/repository/org/glassfish/corba/glassfish-corba-omgapi/4.2.0/glassfish-corba-omgapi-4.2.0.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF?

    does it contain javax.rmi package in export-package section?

Interestingly, no. It does not export javax.rmi.

aaah, now I know...
this in particular was I bug I faced when trying out 4.2.0 on jdk11 at the time it was in staging repo, so I provided PR for this and 4.2.0 was rebuilt, retested and sent to mvn central. Sometime in between you got the bad artifact from the staging repo. Since maven treats releases as final, it does not try to update them nor check for changes, so even though the artifact in mvn central is different from the one you received from staging repo, nobody warns you about this difference.

I'm glad this problem is solved,
--lukas

Also, I have ~/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi/4.2.0/org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi-4.2.0.jar, but this MANIFEST.MF doesn't contain the javax.rmi export either. I bring up this bundle, because if I remove ";version=1" from ~/foundation/org.eclipse.persistence.corba/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, then "clean" completes successfully, but "build" fails with:

[java] [ERROR] Access restriction: The type 'PortableRemoteObject' is not API (restriction on classpath entry ' $HOME\.m2\repository\p2\osgi\bundle\org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi\4.2.0\org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi-4.2.0.jar')      [java] [ERROR] C:\JPA\EL\master\trunk\eclipselink.runtime\foundation\org.eclipse.persistence.corba\src\main\java\org\eclipse\persistence\internal\sessions\coordination\rmi\iiop\RMIRemoteCommandConnectionImpl.java:[42]
      [java] [ERROR]     super();
      [java] [ERROR]     ^^^^^^^^
     [java] [ERROR] Access restriction: The constructor 'PortableRemoteObject()' is not API (restriction on classpath entry ' $HOME\.m2\repository\p2\osgi\bundle\org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi\4.2.0\org.glassfish.corba.glassfish-corba-omgapi-4.2.0.jar')

    does it happen with empty local maven repo? (mv $HOME/.m2/repository
    $HOME/.m2/repository-bkp)

Interesting, this seems to have fixed the problem. So the old 4.2.0 version lacked a javax.rmi export, but the new 4.2.0 version does have the javax.rmi version, yet they have the same version number...
Thanks Lukas,
Will Dazey