[eclipselink-dev] Default Serializable Ids

What is the purpose for EclipseLink internal API classes to implement Serializable? Also, was there a reason they were not given default static serialVersionUIDs? For the core project, I notice the warning that should be displaying for this is configured to ignore. I imagine this default was intentionally changed, not only to turn off the warning but to indicate that static serialVersionUIDs were not desired for some reason. Is there a problem with implementing static serialVersionUIDs on eclipselink classes that implement java.io.Serializable? Since classes are currently using the generated ID, even compatible changes are changing the serializable IDs.

Thanks,
Will Dazey

Back to the top