[eclipselink-dev] Calling Persistence.generateSchema(...) for a PU that is deployed

All -

I'm looking at an internally reported problem and I wanted to see if anyone has an opinion on whether EclipseLink is working as intended, or if this is a bug. The net of the problem is that if you call Persistence.generateSchema(...) for a persistence unit after it has been deployed, the generateSchema call won't do anything. If the generateSchema call happens prior to deployment everything works fine.

I'm not going to vouch for the use case as it seems odd at best... but I don't think the spec disallows / mentions this sort of behavior. Any opinions? Bug? Working as designed / intended?

--
Rick Curtis

Back to the top