Re: [eclipselink-dev] Unification of line endings in the codebase

+LF

...I can't vote for anything else as an old school unix guy. :D

Tomas

Dne 3/18/15 v 9:48 AM Lukas Jungmann napsal(a):
Hi all,

currently eclipselink sources contains mix of line endings - some files are using *nix style (LF), some win style (CRLF) and the rest is a mix of *nix and win style (some lines end with LF while others with CRLF). Since we are at the beginning of 2.7 development it looks like a good time to me to unify line endings in our codebase to avoid complete rewrites of files in the future.

Why we should do that?
-make it easier to review incoming as well as own (outgoing) changes
-avoid noise in git log
-use https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings as a guide to properly set up local development environment

Drawbacks:
-one-time full rewrite of some files in the repository
-some backports to previous streams will require manual changes/merges

When?
if there will be an agreement, I'd like to perform the change next week, on Friday March 27, 2015

Which line endings should be used?
  either *nix or win but definitely not a mix of them in one file

How to cast your vote?
simply reply to this email with either '+LF', '+CRLF' or 'Leave it as it is' by Thursday March 28, 23:59.

Thanks and happy voting,
--lukas