Re: [eclipselink-dev] Fix for 455683. Add support to automatically detect the target server.

On 2/9/15 9:14 AM, Martin Grebac wrote:
On 07.02.15 22:20, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
On 2/7/15 4:03 PM, andrei ilitchev wrote:
In an unrelated thread lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"we're on wls, pu is coming from spring - is instance of org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.SimpleDriverDataSource or sth similar, check could be just for the package name"

this is what I've done:
-I briefly went through http://docs.spring.io/spring/docs/current/spring-framework-reference/html/orm.html#orm-jpa -I took samples from 'https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-integration-samples' -I configured 'basic/jpa' sample to be using eclipselink (see: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-integration-samples/tree/master/basic/jpa)
-I run that sample under the debugger

=> I saw that in this particular case PersistenceUnitInfo implementation which gets to EL is an instance of org.springframework.orm.jpa.persistenceunit.SpringPersistenceUnitInfo and it holds an instance of org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.SimpleDriverDataSource in nonJtaDataSource field
Since none of us seem to be Spring expert and it seems there's number of ways to configure Spring - is this something we can rely on at least somewhat for current and previous Spring versions?

From another angle - is there really just one Spring platform? Or the list would have to become: Spring, Spring in WLS, Spring in WAS, Spring in ..., WLS alone, WAS, ... .
Plus versions.

I would say there will really be just one spring 'platform'. But that has to be confirmed by running some war on WLS/WAS with the debugger's help. Someone could also let the spring guys know that in certain setup their configuration for EL is wrong (perhaps file a bug in their tracker and/or provide warning on our end if we're able to detect such case?)

Thanks,
--lukas

 MartiNG