[eclipselink-dev] Nightly build time changes...

All,

We've been having master build at 8:05p, and then 2.5, 2.4, and 2.3 build at 12:05a, 2:05a, and 4:05 respectively. This was due to unpredictable test results, and build times that varied from 75 to 110 minutes.

With recent hardware changes and server tunings at Eclipse, buildtimes are consistently under 70 mins on all branches, and we are no longer getting the timeout errors on the nightly test runs. As a result I am moving the build times back to after midnight for all branches and shortening the timing between builds to 90 minutes: so master, 2.5, 2.4, and 2.3 would build at 12:05a, 1:35a, 3:05a, and 4:35a Eastern respectively.

This also means that we will no longer have a nightly build on the same day as the transactions that were checked in, and so will eliminate that confusion.

On the flip-side, we have four "active" branches but only three test schemas, so Master and 2.3 will continue sharing the same test schema but 2.3 is so light I don't forsee an issue. It should also be noted that the cb and nightly runs on the same branch use the same schema. However, this is potentially only an issue if a transaction is checked-in within 20 minutes of the scheduled nightly build, or master and 2.3 have check-ins within the same 20 minute time-slice.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Eric

Back to the top