[eclipselink-dev] SessionEventListener question

I have a use case that I believe can be handled through a custom SessionEventListener but I have a few questions concerning the possible implementation.   In the use case, before certain objects in my DB are deleted I need to execute a number of queries against that DB to acquire related object data.   If I listen for PostCalculateUnitOfWorkChangeSet events will I be able to query for the related data before the delete transaction commits?   I assume that these are asynchronous operations and that EclipseLink would proceed and commit the transaction, possibly while I am still processing the event and before I complete gathering my related data.   Is that correct?

Any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis Fuglsang

Back to the top