From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Gwin
Sent: Montag, 27. Februar 2012 03:20
To: eclipselink-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-dev] Status/timeline for git migration of incubator

Sabine,

Thanks. I've sent this thread to the webmaster. Since you can access the other repos, and the EclipseLink team members can access incubator, I'm now fairly certain that the issue is access/permissions related. Upon looking at the actual repository directories I noticed there were some differences. They may be the root cause, unfortunately I don't have the permissions necessary to fix it myself. We'll need the webmaster to weigh in.

-Eric

On 24/02/2012 1:23 PM, Heider, Sabine wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I can access both oracleddlparser.git and examples.git via http, just incubator.git fails.
>
> Best regards,
> Sabine
>
> Am 24.02.2012 um 17:02 schrieb "Eric Gwin"<eric.gwin@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Sabine,
>>
>> No, I don't think it is an issue with the repo itself. I'm thinking it is more a rights/access thing. When I was first getting new test repositories posted I was warned that only the ssh protocol would function despite what the webpage said. I think that the webmaster just didn't flip the switch yet on incubator and examples. I may not have been clear with him that I consider them live. I will follow up.
>>
>> Just curious, can you access oracleddlparser.git via http? I ask because I can access it via both http and ssh, it is fairly small, and it is in the EclipseLink group; therefore it may be a good test.
>>
>> -Eric
>>
>> On 24/02/2012 4:46 AM, Heider, Sabine wrote:
>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/eclipselink/incubator.git is exactly the URL I tried (as the git protocol is blocked by our firewall). I get the following error message:
>>> "http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/eclipselink/incubator.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack not found"
>>>
>>> I tried some other repositories listed here http://git.eclipse.org/c/?ofs=50 and they all clone without problems, so I guess my local setup is okay. I was wondering why the incubator repo doesn't show up in this list. Do you think there's an issue with the incubator repo?
>>>
>>> Thanks and best regards,
>>> Sabine

(...)

Back to the top