[eclipselink-dev] XML Flex Extensions Design Review

Hi all,

Currently, EclipseLink MOXy supports the mapping of Java fields and properties to XML. Said another way; in order to map data to XML, the user must have an existing Java field or property to map.

To support multi-tenancy, we will be allowing the user to add additional mappings at runtime. Because these new mappings would not have existing fields / properties on the Java class to map to, we will introduce the concept of "flex extensions", where we can instead map the elements of a Java Map to the desired XML.

I'd like to have a meeting to review the requirements and high-level design for this feature.  For people in Ottawa we'll meet in conference room 5012, for other who would like to dial in, please contact me for dial-in information.

Design Documentation located at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/339381

--
Rick Barkhouse | Software Developer, EclipseLink | 613.288.4613
Oracle Development

Back to the top