Re: [eclipselink-dev] Feedback Requested - JPA RESTful Service (ER-326663)

Hi Blaise,

  Some comments/questions:

--------
- I am kind of surprised how different the URLs for simple PKs and composite PKs are.

i.e. if a composite PK looks like this:

"http://www.example.com/customer-app/rest/customers;id=1;country=CA";

Why isn't a simple PK more like this:

"http://www.example.com/customer-app/rest/customers;id=1";

-----------

- For queries, how do you distinguish if the URL refers to a query or a find?

i.e. How do you know http://www.example.com/customer-app/rest/customers/findCustomerByName isn't referring to an entity called "findCustomerByName"?

Is it the fact that I have some reserved words, "singleResult" and "resultList" that come later in the URL?

-----------

How is the initial metadata obtained?  How is the session built?

-----------

How do you figure out the parameter types for named queries?

Are there core features that need implementation for this to work?

-Tom

Blaise Doughan wrote:
Hello All,

I am developing a new EclipseLink feature that will expose a JPA EnitityManager as a RESTful (JAX-RS) service. The relevant collateral can be found below. I will send out design review details soon.

*Enhancement Request:*

    * http://bugs.eclipse.org/326663

*Design Document:*

    * http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/DesignDocs/326663