Re: [eclipselink-dev] All branches experiencing test failures, please have a look... - see 64-bit wiki

Adrian, EclipseLink developers,
    Good info, I didn't know we switched machines.
    As an aside, there is a 64-bit JVM wiki page where we can post/review issues related to running on 64-bit machines with 64 or 32 bit JVMs.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Building/64bit

    Just an fyi, in anticipation of this move I have been running a Core i7-920 on Windows 7-64 bit with various 64 and 32 bit versions of multiple JVM's and Eclipse IDE's.
    Some of the issues and workarounds are on the wiki.

    thank you
    /michael
Goerler, Adrian wrote:
Hi Eric,

> It should be noted that since the new build machine is of x86_64 architecture, we are no longer building with the IBM JDK... I'm certain some will be overjoyed, though it does mean that we will no longer get exposure to some of the issue that JDK exposed.

This is good news :-).

I'll look into the issues with the WDF tests.

-Adrian

SAP AG
Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Walldorf, Germany
Vorstand/SAP Executive Board: Henning Kagermann (Sprecher/CEO), Léo Apotheker (stellvertretender Sprecher/Deputy CEO), Werner Brandt, Claus Heinrich, Gerhard Oswald, John Schwarz, Peter Zencke

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairperson of the SAP Supervisory Board: Hasso Plattner
Registergericht/Commercial Register Mannheim No HRB 350269