|RE: [eclipselink-dev] SVN main commit: bug#304738 - option to avoid possible database deadlock in updates|
I don't think it would make much difference? We do not store the change sets as a list, so sorting on the fly is easier, and easier to configure.
If we enable sorting
would it be better to sort on the fly as the changesets are added to the
UnitOfWorkChangeSet instead of resorting the list later?
SVN main commit: bug#304738 - option to avoid possible database deadlock in updates
It is currently possible for uow updates for a class to occur in a
non-consistent order. This can cause a possible deadlock on the database if
multiple threads are updating the same set of objects at the same time.
This fix adds an option to uow to allow updates within a class to be ordered by pk.
Code review: Andrei (pending)
- Added database update deadlock test to client-server test suite
- Added persistence unit property, "eclipselink.order-updates" to allow updates to be ordered
- Made ObjectChangeSet and CacheId Comparable to allow ordering by id
- Added check in CommitManager to sort change sets before updating
- Fixed aggregate check for batch reading in ForeignReferenceMapping include aggregate-collection
eclipselink-dev mailing list