RE: [eclipselink-dev] Updated Proposal for submitted DatabasePlatform integration

Sounds good, but in the particular case of SQL Anywhere, doesn't match the
reality: While my contributed code at runtime is superior to the existing
code, the existing code passes more tests. Sad but true, this is not a
problem of the platform, but of the particular tests. As many of them are
not well documented, it is nearly impossible to understand what they intend
and what the reason is why they not pass. In the SQL Anyhwere scenario many
of the tests are written in the expectation that SQL Anywhere is derived
from Sybase ASE, which it actually is not the case. So it is quite obvious
that the tests will pass with a "wrong" platform much better than with a
"correct" one. In the end, this cannot be solved without massive help of
Oracle to either document or rewrite the tests.