[eclipselink-dev] RE: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.1 Planning

This is actually EclipseLink 2.1 planning and not 1.2 as originally noted in the subject.

Doug
-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Clarke
Sent: November 30, 2009 9:17 PM
To: Eclipselink-Dev (E-mail); Eclipselink-Users (E-mail)
Subject: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 1.2 Planning

EclipseLink Users, Contributors, and Committers,

We are wrapping up EclipseLink 2.0 now and need to start working towards EclipseLink 2.1 which will be our Helios release in June. We have accomplished a lot in the last year around standards delivering the reference implementation of SDO 2.1.1 and now JPA 2.0 as well as addressing JAXB 2.1 compliance and many advanced capabilities in all areas of the project. Over the next 2 weeks we need to formalize our 2.1 themes and requirements. Peter and I have started a wiki page for this purpose:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/2.1

We are asking all interested parties to help us shape what is coming in the 2.1 release as well as future releases by participating in the process. Please make sure your issues and enhancement requests are captured in bugs with clear descriptions and actionable outcomes. We will be basing our work for this next cycle on the themes we agree upon in an upcoming committer meeting as well as the bug backlog in bugzilla. Make sure if you want an issue addressed that you vote for the bug and/or start a thread on the forum to discuss how the project should address your requirements so that others can become aware of the issue and the bug number so they can vote as well.

As always, bugs with patches supplied will be prioritized as we greatly appreciate the additional effort it takes to contribute. All feedback on this process and the project in general is appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug Clarke & Peter Krogh
EclipseLink Project Leads

Back to the top