Re: [eclipselink-dev] Expanding 'standards' for build files.

It doesn't. It's more like: (values are just for example...):

common.plugin.dir=./plugins
external.depends.dir=../external.lib
junit.jar=junit-4.5.jar
junit.lib=${external.depends.dir}/${junit.jar}

after testing for existence of junit.lib and others...
<path pathref="external.compile.deps.path">
    <pathelement ="${junit.lib}/>
    <pathelement="${jdbc.lib}"/>
</path>

That minimal redefinitions need to be made for jar names or dirs if they are customized, and jars can be grouped together, or in different dirs, as required by the developer/user. However, the defined location can still be tested for (verify it is found), before it is added to a classpath (which in many cases will cause errors if it doesn't exist).

-Eric

Edwin Tang wrote:
Hi Gordon,

If the proposal includes a plan to introduce <name>.dir for every single jar file, then there are no substantial differences between these 2 options.

Thanks,
Edwin