Re: [eclipselink-dev] Trunk builds and JUnit 4.5...Eclipse Galileo 3.5+ only

There is no reason someone cannot use an earlier version of Eclipse and simply add the JUnit library themselves.

-Tom

Michael O'Brien wrote:
Mike,
The development wiki also needs to be updated to state the fact that the minimum Eclipse IDE version is now "officially" Galileo 3.5 (Ganymede will no longer compile without adding a JUnit 4.4/4.5 reference manually) I was under the impression that for Eclipse IDE users, we were still supporting Eclipse 3.4 via the checked in .project/.classpath files - but as of SVN txn# 5555 we only support version Eclipse 3.5+ - an announcement may need to be made as well.
   http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog/eclipselink/?cs=5555

>see the following 25 compile failures running an older Eclipse 3.4.2 IDE on a legacy machine
   Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
The import org.junit.Assume cannot be resolved BaseSequencingTestSuite.java eclipselink.jpa.test/src/org/eclipse/persistence/testing/tests/jpa/dynamic/simple/sequencing line 37 Java Problem
Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
The method assumeTrue(boolean) is undefined for the type UnaryTableSequencingTestSuite UnaryTableSequencingTestSuite.java eclipselink.jpa.test/src/org/eclipse/persistence/testing/tests/jpa/dynamic/simple/sequencing line 65 Java Problem

   thank you
   /michael
  Eric Gwin wrote:
I took a pass at it. specifying: "The current minimum version level is JUnit 4.5 (Which ships in Galileo). "

-Eric

Michael O'Brien wrote:
All,
The following wiki pages need to be updated to note our new 4.4 or 4.5 JUnit dependency

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Testing/Prereq
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Building
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Test/JPA#Running_JPA_tests_against_Application_Servers_Using_Ant

   thank you
   /michael

Eric Gwin wrote:

All,

There was a transaction merged yesterday that has introduced a dependency on JUnit 4.5. Since I hadn't yet updated to 4.5 (we were at 4.3.1) the build failed.

I have spoken to Peter; I wanted to confirm, but it sounded like we were planning on standardizing on JUnit 4.5 anyway. As a result of that conversation, I have moved the trunk dependency to 4.5, turned off the cb, and am rerunning the nightly.

I'll turn on the cb again once the nightly passes.

-Eric