[eclipselink-dev] EclipseLink 1.1.2 Released in Galileo

EclipseLink Users, Contributors, and Committers,

This morning the Eclipse Galileo release shipped including the simultaneously released EclipseLink 1.1.2 patch-set. This is a big day for the EclipseLink community as it makes EclipseLink readily available for users of the Java EE and Modeling packages of the Eclipse IDE as well as making our bundles available for P2 target provisioning.

For more info about this release see:
If you prefer to download EclipseLink 1.1.2 directly as a single jar and with all of its utilities and JavaDcos it is available - www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads. If you are looking for the bundles you can now get them using P2 from the EclipseLink and Galileo repositories (see 1.1.2 News & Noteworthy for links).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in getting this release out and coordinating its inclusion in Galileo. Having shipped within a large release train within Oracle for years I have grown to appreciate the complexity of getting many components to ship together. Doing this as a large set of open-source projects with new technologies and processes has had its challenges but I believe our team pulled together and got the job done admirably.

We still have a lot of work in front of us as we continue towards this fall's planned EclipseLink 2.0 release. I am sure we will continue to succeed and grow our community and hope everyone involved is as proud of our accomplishments as I am.

Cheers,

Doug

Back to the top