[eclipselink-dev] Any reason why Java Generic is rarely use in EclipseLink?

Any reason why Java Generic is rarely use in EclipseLink?

I cannot stop to think about it each time I call simple API and I have
to reverse engineer what is put in the Collection.

For example, we have method named getDescriptors(), first I expect a
Collection not Map because the name doesn't seem to return a pair of
values.

Then I look at the JavaDoc and that doesn't tell me how the Map is
structured.

I should just take one day for a senior developer to fix most of the
core code without introducing a bug. You can also get help from tools to
do this.

Reference:
interface org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.Session
/**
     * ADVANCED:
     * Return all registered descriptors.
     */