[eclipselink-dev] PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory in OSGi Environment

Hi folks,

I am currently investigating venues to setup JPA w/ EclipseLink in a
100% OSGi project on top of Spring DM.

Now what puzzles me is that PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory is
explicitly disabled in the OSGi environment.

This is problematic because it is effectively the only way to inject a
datasource into the mix without JNDI.

Is there a specific reason for this? Because I have subclassed the
non-OSGi PersistenceProvider analogous to the OSGi one, but kept that
method intact -- and it seems to work fine.

Also from reading the JPA 1.0 spec (EJB 3.0 Persistence) I could not
discover any conflict of this method with the OSGi environment in general.

It would be great if anyone could clear this up!

Kind regards,
Philipp

PS: This issue is also discussed in Bug #252263

Back to the top