From: eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Ware
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:22 AM
To: Dev mailing list for Eclipse Persistence Services
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-dev] Need help setup Eclipse to build
EclipseLink

Hi Sebastien,

   The Oracle project is a bit different from the other projects.  It
follows Eclipse's "works with" policy. It depends on some non-open source jars. You need to get them separately and provide them in an OSGi friendly way. Unless you are making changes to the classes in that project, I suggest not importing the project into your workspace.

   If want to change those classes, you will need some additional
configuration and also you will need to get the jars. We have recently made some changes to how this works and I have added a description to the build page.

-Tom
My layout is as follows:
C:\_ECLIPSE
+---eclipse-ganymede-SR1
|   |   .eclipseproduct
|   |   artifacts.xml
|   |   eclipse.exe
|   |   eclipse.ini
|   |   eclipsec.exe
|   |   epl-v10.html
|   |   notice.html
| | | +---configuration
|   |   |   config.ini
|   |   |   ...
| | | +---dropins
|   |   \---oracle.libs
|   |       |   aqapi.jar
|   |       |   ojdbc5_11.jar
|   |       |   sdoapi.jar
|   |       |   xdb.jar
|   |       |   xml.jar
|   |       |   xmlparserv2.jar
|   |               MANIFEST.MF

We've noticed that there has been some issues getting the /dropins directory working - I'm on eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32 and its working, but when I try SR2, it doesn't. But Tom
is on SR2 and it work for him.

--
Mike Norman | Principal Software Designer | 613.288.4638
Oracle Server Technologies | EclipseLink Product

Back to the top