[eclipselink-dev] setProperty(Object,Value) of EM API

Hello All:

I am trying to implement 'setProperty(Object,Value)' method of EM API. I have few questions about the implementation :

 We have following properties that are supported properties in EM:

JOIN_EXISTING_TRANSACTION
PERSISTENCE_CONTEXT_REFERENCE_MODE
PERSISTENCE_CONTEXT_CLOSE_ON_COMMIT
PERSISTENCE_CONTEXT_PERSIST_ON_COMMIT
PERSISTENCE_CONTEXT_FLUSH_MODE
ORACLE_PROXY_TYPE
EXCLUSIVE_CONNECTION_MODE
EXCLUSIVE_CONNECTION_IS_LAZY
JTA_DATASOURCE
NON_JTA_DATASOURCE
JDBC_DRIVER
JDBC_URL
JDBC_USER
JDBC_PASSWORD
CONNECTION_POLICY
VALIDATE_EXISTENCE
FLUSH_CLEAR_CACHE

In the above, 'JDBC_DRIVER', 'JDBC_USER', 'JDBC_URL', 'JDBC_PASSWORD' cannot be changed once the connection is already made.

According to the Spec, if the 'value' is not valid , it has to throw 'IllegalArgumentException.' I understand that we got to first check for

properties that should not be changed using 'setProperty() ? What are those properties that should not be changed using 'setProperty()'

And also, does changing any of the properties throw only 'IllegalArgumentException' ?

Thank You

Regards
Darani

Back to the top