Re: [eclipselink-dev] Upgrade to Junit4.

Neil,

I was just was pinged by Tom, who says you were wondering if I was waiting on anything from you regarding JUnit4. Basically, JUnit cannot be upgraded unless MW Tests compile and can run with the new version. So my reply would be, when can you have this work done?

From the minimal response, it seems there is no resistance to upgrading, nor any specific preference for version. Therefore, I'd like to begin to use JUnit 4.4 (latest) in the build as soon as possible.

Thanks.

-Eric

Neil Hauge wrote:
The Workbench test related issues with the junit.swingui references can be resolved by removing the main methods from our current tests. The main methods were written before integrated JUnit UI's were bundled in IDE's. So at this point I would consider the main methods obsolete.

Removing these methods should be a small work effort. Neil

Eric Gwin wrote:
Edwin/Gordon,

That is good to hear, the issue may not be as pervasive as it appeared. Perhaps the rework necessary is only in the MW test area:

[javac] Compiling 120 source files to C:\EclipseLinkTrunk\utils\eclipselink.utils.workbench.test\utility\classes [javac] C:\EclipseLinkTrunk\utils\eclipselink.utils.workbench.test\utility\source\org\eclipse\persistence\tools\workbench\test\utility\AllUtilityTests.java:26: package junit.swingui does not exist
   [javac] import junit.swingui.TestRunner;
   [javac]                      ^

The above is the first compile error found. followed my hundreds more (each of the mwtest libraries). Though most are cascade failures, there may be additional legitimate errors as well.

JUnit 4 has a different package structure (or rather additional package trees), though it sounds like much of it may be backward compatible.
-Eric

EDWIN.TANG@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Gordon,

The nightly testing has been using Junit4(Version 4.3.1) for building and testing sine the beginning. There are no problem at all. I don't think Version 4.4 would make any difference. I can try this version out with tonight's run.
Thanks,
Edwin