Re: [eclipselink-dev] Support MySQL51 User Functions

Tom Ware wrote:
Some comments:
- We should run all the available MySQL compatible testing
- Do we know if MySQL 5 is closer to MySQL 5.1 or MySQL 4?
- Have you done a complete analysis of the platform and the available
functionality, or is this a fix for just one issue you happen to have noticed?

Mike Norman wrote:
> I have created a new database platform in order to support User
> Functions for MySQL 5.1.
> All that was required was surrounding '{ }' brackets and a slightly
> different order for the CALL clause

 - Where do I find the MySQL compatible test suite?
 - I intended it to be the '5.1' platform because User Functions - which have been around since
   MySQL 4 - have only been available via the MySQL connector/J JDBC driver since 5.1
 - this is just for User Functions

--
Oracle Email Signature Logo
Mike Norman | Principal Software Designer | 613.288.4638

Back to the top