[eclipselink-dev] EclipseLink Development Meeting Minutes - 07 May 2008

Minutes: Michael O'Brien
Minutes are preceeded by >

7 May 2008 Minutes
---------------------
Attendees:
 Krogh Peter;
 Doughan Blaise;
 O'Brien Michael;
 Ware Tom;
 Hauge Neil;
 Norman Mike

Actions:
---------------------
>Action: ALL: could everyone take a look if these 15 unfixed assigned bugs for M7 are fixed or are moved to M8

== Agenda May 7 2008 ==

=== Status updates ===
* Bug Updates:
** [http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Bugs Bug Queries and other useful links]
** Total Open: 254
** Open for 1.0: 62

* Bug DB usage
** If you are working on a bug, assign it to yourself.
*** add dummy inbox to the cc list.
** Set the target milestone to the correct milestone.
*** Confusion/concern on this part
*** Milestones
**** 1.0M7, 1.0M8 are bugs that are to be fixed by the the corresponding milestone build.
**** 1.0 is a bug that is to be fixed by 1.0, but has no current target milestone.
* OSGi
** Byte code weaving in Equinox working!!
** POC running simple JPA and JAXB 2.0 apps in pure OSGi environment--no Equinox extensions used.
>Tom: OSGI framework updated yesterday
>Tom: did a CQ and got it approved

>Tom: M7 is being built today
My finger was hovering over the mute button.
==== 1.0 Release ====
* 1.0 Release Date: June 25th (need to pick a later date following Ganymede) [[EclipseLink/RoadMap || details]]
** [[EclipseLink/Development/Release/1.0#1.0_Release_Criteria | Exit Criteria]]
** Schedule Dependencies
*** Eclipse reviews: graduation, release, and move to RT
*** Ganymede to leverage Equinox 3.4 (June 25)
* Change in scope for 200040: Focus on new JPA usable XML file with key advanced features
** Replacing existing XML schema, full mapping features, and migration deferred to the 1.1 release
* JAXB2 compliance: Not complete for 1.0. Need to document exact support level and advanced features
* Pre-release tasks
** 3rd party works-with approval for Oracle JDBC - Doug
** COMPLETE [[EclipseLink/IPLog | IP Log]] - Peter
** Complete [[EclipseLink/Features | Features Index ]] - Doug with support of all committers
** Complete Examples & How-to materials - Doug/Shaun
** Update wiki Documentation for 1.0 Features - Liza (starting in May) with committer support
** Finalize product packaging and distribution - ZIP(s), Bundle access (update site?)
** Prepare and schedule reviews

==== 1.0M6.1 ====
* Promoted a 1.0M6.1 build for GlassFish v3 TP2

==== 1.0M7 ====
* Milestone release Date - May 7th
* 15 Open bugs
>Peter: 15 bugs open for today's Milestone
>Action: ALL: could everyone take a look if these 15 unfixed assigned bugs for M7 are fixed or are moved to M8
>The remaining will be moved to M8 tomorrow
>Michael-O has 5 of the 15

* 19 fixed
>3 of the 4 foundation ones will be closed by tom in todays checkin

* Foundation and JPA Status
** Deployment XML rework
*** Bug to merge xml started, targetted for M8.
* OSGi - Tom
** Wiki - http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/EclipseLinkPDEConversionPlan
** Discussion
*** Naming convention for non-PDE projects needs to be decided (e.g. Testing project)
*** Packaging convention for dependancies (i.e. the projects we depend on that are not from Orbit)
**** Do we want a src and bin/classes directory
**** Should classes just exist at the base of the project (what about the jar we eventually create)
**** How should we name the jars we create
** Initial PDE Conversion complete.  OSGI Artifacts being added.
** moved from M6 219012: Make SDO compatible with OSGi
** 221377: Convert EclipseLink Projects to PDE Projects and Rename - to be closed
** 221381: Update EclipseLink build to generate both EclipseLink.jar and bundle jars
** 221379: Extract eclipselink.core.lib zips into separate PDE Projects - to be closed
** 221383: Move all files in eclipselink.core/resources under src
>Blaise: OSGI: All the core changes for the SDO bug has been done for OSGI
>Tom and Blaise are going through OSGI testing for the PDE projects right now

* Workbench
** Tested XML and EIS mapping functionality.
**  Able to open of toplink mapping workbench 10.1.3 projects
** Corrected the issue with Cache Synchronization (replaced functionality erroneously removed)
* OXM, JAXB, SDO - Blaise D
>Blaise: bug fixing for SDO - focus on OSGI

>DBWS: Mike: running main style tasks, everthing local and passing on MySQL
>Source will be checked in over the next couple days

* Documentation Status - Rick S
** Complete [[EclipseLink/UserGuide|User's Guide]] available. Minor/final cleanup remaining, as needed.

=== General Issues ===
* DONE Bugzilla components - sign-off on final changes below
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipselink-dev/msg00640.html
* Test Failures
** Tests that pass locally and fail on the build server are swamping Tom.
** Generally these occur because of env differences (DB, VM etc..)
** Need a strategy for solving these.
* Automated Testing
** Need SRG test models for JPA, MOXy and SDO
*** DB components of those tests should be simple enough to run on Derby
*** Need to test Core SRG on Derby

>M7 of Eclipse Ganymede is available tomorrow

=== Upcoming Issues ===

The following items require discussion but are not yet at the stage where a solution can be proposed.

* [[EclipseLink/Development/Examples]]: Strategy for the development and maintenance of examples
* [[EclipseLink/Development/OSGi]]: Strategy for delivery of OSGi/Equinox bundles
* [[EclipseLink/Development/JPA_2.0]]: Strategy for the concurrent development of JPA 2.0 while maintaining JPA 1.0 usage
* [[EclipseLink/Development/Spring]]: Strategy for using EclipseLink within the Spring Framework
* [[EclipseLink/Development/Java6]]: Strategy for using EclipseLink on a Java SE 6 JRE

Back to the top