[eclipselink-dev] Minutes: EclipseLink Dev Meeting Dec 12 2007

Minutes are prefixed by >

Agenda Dec 12, 2007
2PM EST, Wednesday December 12th, 2007

Attendees
----------
Mitesh (SUN), Guy Pelletier, David Twelves, Peter Krogh, Mike Norman, Michael O'Brien, Blaise Doughan, Gordon Yorke, Neil Hauge, Rick Sapir, Roger Striffler

Status updates
--------------

1.0M2
--------------
* Complete. [[EclipseLink/Development/Release/1.0#1.0_Milestone_2_-_December_5th.2C_2007 | Release Notes]]

1.0M3
--------------
* Proposed delivery date: January 8th, 2008

* Goal
>Not fully reviewed - as in feasible - check them out
>Peter: will put a name on all these
** Complete removal of deprecated code? Is this feasible?

** Initial EclipseLink-ORM.XML XSD ([http://bugs.eclipse.org/200040 Bug 200040]) with bugs logged for additional XML and annotations
>2 bugs (dynamic persistence, migration) opened and started
** Automated testing using MySQL with published results?
** Initial working version of Workbench?
** Dynamic Persistence Started
>Mike N. did preliminary work - coordinate starting with migrated wiki docs -> into dev page to accept comments
>Blaise will be involved with this

** Migration started
** OSGi started

* Automated build - Tom W
** Continuous builds - Action item: Peter to investigate continuous build
*** Simple continuous build up and running (V1.0)
**** compiling only (No automated tests running)
**** email sent to dev list if the build fails.  info sent in the email.
>Peter gets sent an email if it succeeds - will turn this off
>Peter will update the web page on success

**** Build kicked off every halfhour on the halfhour between 6:00am and 8:00pm.  No change detection

* Automated Testing - Tom W
>issues running automated tests on mysql? could take upto 30 min - will run them twice a day or pick a subset
>Pick a component that hits core and jpa
>Peter will hook up to nightly runs
** JPA Tests run, some failures - Core tests hang

** Publication of test results - Peter K

* Foundation and JPA Status - Peter K
** Deprecation Removal - Kyle
>status: split the project into 3 phases
>1: package for deprecated - removed
>2: casting - on kyle's machine to check in - should be done by M3
>3: testing - should be done by M3
>James, mike N. to checkin commonalities between products in phases.

* OXM, JAXB, SDO - Blaise D
>Matt put a new XML Choice mapping to support substituion groups (SDO) and JAXB annotation support
>Sequence object support in OX
>Working sequence objects for SDO
>Unmarshalling XML without types in progress
>SDO functionally complete for M3

* Documentation Status - Rick S
>Wiki complete based on snapshot for IP review
>backfilling toplink changes made
>functionally complete
>log a bug for any new features

** Ongoing. More than [[:Category:EclipseLink_User%27s_Guide|120 pages]] currently available.

1.0 Exit Criteria
-----------------
* Need to firm up 1.0 [[EclipseLink/Development/Release/1.0#1.0_Release_Criteria | Release Criteria]]
>pick this item up next week from Doug
* Need to provide projected release date
General Issues
------------------
* nightly eclipselink.jar checked into build -
** bug created: 211760
>still a bug for checking in the eclipselink.jar into the build - worked out - just need a location
* new Productname EPS(EclipseLink) may be causing issues with our meta data
** Bugs button is now greyed out, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  Escape brackets???
>No movement on bugs button - waiting on webmaster
* Using EclipseLink in Equinox update - Shaun
* Auto generation of backlog list from bugs.
** Like to try this for M3.  Peter to follow up
>Questions for Tom and Peter from Mitesh (Sun) about SVN checkout problems to be answered via email
>problems with checking out full view - file cannot be retrieved from SVN - possibly the same problems as the build checkout way (different than the way committers get the build inside our firewall)
>Peter has an SVN error - did a clean and it worked
>Peter's error was the same error that was reported in Mitesh's mail
>Solution: try removing the entire trunk first
>problem may be with certain OS
>Q) continuous build
>using java.net project named ? - very good results that could help out
>Tom: 2 potential issues
>1) build machine is eclipse owned
>2) eclipse has specific views on what we can install on their machine
>? toplink essentials future
>some builds not accessible to users except 2.1
>going further - select particular "critical" changes to go into this branch
>the first merge can be done by Mitesh
>We intend to keep fixing bugs in toplink essentials like any released product
>issue: finding a good release vehicle for persistence

Back to the top