Re: [eclipselink-dev] Tests that involve multiple componenets

The way I envisioned this working is that the JAXB test suite would only be dependent on the JAXB/MOXy project (which would depend on a Core/Foundation project). Then there would be a separate test project for combining the different technologies for end-to-end scenarios (i.e. reading data using JPA and then serializing the POJOs to XML using JAXB, or exposing JPA data as SDO).

-Blaise

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: [eclipselink-dev] Tests that involve multiple componenets

An "end to end testing component" just displaces the problem. Users wishing to run the full suite of JAXB tests would still need to build all other components in order to have the "end to end testing component" build. Perhaps creating subdirectories within the testing components with the different groups of tests organised into a directory would be a better solution. Users could easily eliminate the test groups that they were not interested by only including the tests that they were interested in. Testing suites could be better organised by test group.
--Gordon