[eclipselink-dev] Confusion over ip reviews, approvals etc.

Hi All,

There has been some confusion over how the IP review process of new code works in Eclipse.  In particular how stuff that is coming from TopLink gets checked into EclipseLink.  There is a process that code being committed from an external source must go through before it gets checked into Eclipse.

The process is described here: http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf.  Doug Clarke and I are becoming familiar with this process.  As this process requires approval step of log updates, for now, please inform the project leads Doug or myself, of any checkins of code that come from outside of Eclipse.  Regular day to day development on EclipseLink will follow our regular dev process (soon to be published), and does not require this additional process.

Peter

Back to the top