Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Use of GitHub Issues by Eclipse Projects

On 10/11/2015 10:36 AM, Simon Bernard wrote:
This solution exist, this is gitlab. This is open source and could be hosted by the eclipse foundation. Gitlab seems to resolve all the issues raised here. I think this solution should be really considered.

We have had a few conversations about Gitlab amongst the staff. And although it shows promise, changing all of our hosted infrastructure over to something new is pretty scary.

I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but to re-iterate: these decisions are related to only those projects who are hosting their day-to-day development on GitHub. There was no intention to move all of the Eclipse community off of the git/Bugzilla/Gerrit/CBI infrastructure that we have today. I think some people are reading more into this than is really there.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top