Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Use of GitHub Issues by Eclipse Projects

Le 10/11/2015 16:15, Mike Milinkovich a écrit :
On 10/11/2015 9:35 AM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
Migrating to GitHub means becoming dependant on a proprietary
platform. This was not the case in the CVS -> Git migration.
This is true. And that is why we have added a requirement for "freedom
of action" for all infrastructure. If GitHub was to go away tomorrow, we
will need to be able for all affected Eclipse projects to be able to
continue unabated.

There is imo no question that the user experience on GitHub is miles
better than on Bugzilla. However I think we have to be very careful
before deciding to become entirely dependant on a third-party.
Agree 100%. Much careful thinking went into this.

I would much prefer if we could have an open-source ALM management
platform hosted at Eclipse.
So would we all. But since an industrial-grade ALM management project
has not yet appeared, we have to deal with the facts as they are.

This solution exist, this is gitlab. This is open source and could be hosted by the eclipse foundation. Gitlab seems to resolve all the issues raised here. I think this solution should be really considered.

Back to the top