Yes, but can we have a shared white list with almost automatic white listing for any correspondent whose message has been successfully moderated on any list? I don't want to introduce typically an hour's delay for regular corespondents.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

On 05/06/2015 07:57, Werner Keil wrote:
Hi,

As long as the list is not too attractive to spammers I'd also say this is positive;-)

Werner

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Alexandre Montplaisir
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 2:28 AM
To: Mailing list for all people involved in Eclipse project management ; dschaefer@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-project-leadership] Mailing lists {WAS: Automated Error Reporting - Sign up for Weekly Problem Digests for your Project]

On 2015-06-04 09:03 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
The cdt-dev mailing list has been around for a very long time, 14 years I
think, and it¹s never been moderated. Never saw the need and unmoderated
lists promote openness.

Hi Doug,

I'd argue that allowing non-members to post to a list promotes even
*more* openness.

I have actually heard from colleagues that they once tried posting on
our project's list (tracecompass-dev), but when they saw their message
rejected saying they had to register, they just didn't bother further.

Of course opening the list to non-members means more potential spam,
which is why we (the project maintainers) would take care of the extra
moderation workload. It's not so much that "I want to moderate my
list!", but rather "I want non-members to be able to post, I offer that
we handle the moderation then".

Members' posts would still go in automatically. It's just non-member
posts that would go to the moderation queue. Maybe that part was not clear.

All discussions should happen in the open by default, not private.

I completely agree here. I am not advocating for people to reply
off-list, but rather to use the "Reply All" options, to reply to *both*
the poster and the list. I find that the Reply-To header causes more
problems than it solves, and a good part of our community agrees with
this. Which is why I would like this option to be configurable
per-list/project too. I could go into more details if you'd like.

Cheers,
Alexandre

IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal to the Eclipse Foundation. To be permanently removed from this list, you must contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.

-----